“The investment IN ASP© staging your home will always be less
than a price reduction ON your home!”
– Barb Schwarz, the Creator of Home Staging
What Is Home Staging
Home Staging is the very best proven way to get top dollar for your home as you prepare it for sale. Homes that are Staged© with an ASP Professional Home Stager© sell faster and for more money! This is because Staging sets the scene throughout the house to create immediate buyer interest in your property. This will then lead to your home selling for the highest possible price in today’s market. Remember, “The way you live in your home, and the way you market and sell your house are two different things.” This gives you “The Staged Homes Advantage®”
A benefit of working with an ASP© (Accredited Staging Professional©) is that your listing will be posted to StagedHomes.com. Every savvy home seller knows that buyers are looking on-line first.
Until now, the discussion has been focused on the interior of the home, but the reality is, your buyer needs to be sold in the driveway or at the curb. Please, DO NOT FORGET THE EXTERIOR! An ASP® has access to multiple trusted partners and should be considered as the “Hub” for all things in need of fixing.
There are Three Main Stages to Staging.
- CLEAN: Everything must be spotless, including floors, walls, drapes and windows. The home has to pass the white-glove test.
- CLUTTER-FREE: America is a consumeristic-society, so consider becoming a minimalist for the time that the home is on the market. This activity will give you a head start on packing, but PLEASE be sure you “Don’t trash your move, by moving your Trash!” (Jean Marie Herron)
- COLOR: Paint the walls in neutral/white hues, then paint the rooms with pops of color in your accessories (pillows, throws, area rugs); have carpets, countertops and cabinets in the latest styles; don’t neglect your curb appeal.
Why Hire an Accredited Staging Professional©?
ASPs© have the guidelines, skills, talent, and knowledge to be able to serve the client creatively in the best way possible at the most reasonable cost. ASPs© follow a professional code of ethics and have set policies, as standards of excellence to follow, as they serve their clients.
Once your house is Staged©, you need to work hard to keep it that way.
The way you lived in your home and the way you live in your home when you are selling it are completely different. It is very important that you keep your home in the same condition that your Accredited Staging Professional© (ASP©) has Staged©. The chair that is now in a new room may not be ideal for everyday living, but your trained ASP© understands that the new placement is ideal for selling your home. The placement of your items is crucial when an ASP© Stages your home. The buyers must be able to mentally move into “their” new home. Do your very best to keep the furniture arrangements as they are. If it is imperative to make a change, consult your ASP© before making any changes. Chances are your ASP© will be able to make a change to accommodate your needs.
It is also important for everyone in the family to follow these 7 simple tips.
- Make all beds everyday
- Keep all toilet seats down
- Make sure towels are hung properly
- Make sure all crumbs are cleaned from counter tops after meals
- Turn all lights on when showing and have FM radio with light music on during showings
- Don’t leave dirty clothes on the floor and put all your belongings away
- Keep all counter top items away